Adobe Photoshop Elements

Adobe Photoshop Elements Discussions Forum. Adobe Photoshop Elements is the consumer version of the Adobe Photoshop raster image editing product. It contains most of the features of the professional version but with fewer and simpler options. The program allows users to create, edit, organize and share images, all from the same product. 

Keywords Adobe, Photoshop, Elements, 2, 0, not, load

Elements 2.0 will not load

Adobe Photoshop Elements Forum Index -> Adobe Photoshop Elements

AuthorMessage
Larry Steinbrueck

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 2:58 pm    Post subject: Elements 2.0 will not load

I have a new Toshiba notebook, XP Home, Pentium M, and Elements will not load. I get the initial screen or two and then nothing happens. The system does not hangup. Anybody got a suggestion? thanks
Richard Coencas

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Elements 2.0 will not load

Is it hanging on loading plug-ins?
Have you recently updated XP with Q811493? You may try removing this hotfix and reinstalling it from Windows updates. It was updated end of May with a version that does not cause the problem you are experiencing. That would be my first guess.

Rich
Al M Grappone

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Elements 2.0 will not load

I have been trying to install PE 2.0 on an eMac running 10.2.6
It freezes on the second install Elements en_US. Have to force quit. It installs the app and when i open it says that cannot load,brushes and switches because they cannot be found. I have spoken to phone support for over an hour and they cannot resolve. Is there anyone that have had a similar problem.
Have a safe 4th.
Larry Steinbrueck

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: Elements 2.0 will not load

A very nice fellow in technical support helped me. Apparently, on some XP systems, too many start-up conditions will stall or interfer with certain Adobe systems. After doing a "msconfig" and restricitng non-essential start-up items, AE 2.0 loaded fast and complete. Many thanks to Adobe support!
Beth Haney

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Elements 2.0 will not load

Thanks for posting what you learned, Larry. That'll be a new thing to try and remember to suggest if anyone else posts with an install problem.
   Adobe Photoshop Elements Forum Index -> Adobe Photoshop ElementsAll times are GMT
Page 1 of 1